[sdiy] Reasonable cap replacement policy

Jimmy Moore jamoore84 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 19:27:09 CET 2020

Not a tech or EE but as I understand it caps start to get electrically
leaky after 30+ years.  The overwhelming advice I've seen has people
recommending to recap critical sections (power supplies) for older synths,
but I don't know enough to say whether process control has improved enough
from the 70's to 80's to change the recommendation for 80's gear.  I doubt
it.

How many electrolytics are there?  It could be a fun project.