[sdiy] Why is Linear FM usually (always?) AC Coupled?

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Mon Feb 3 01:28:38 CET 2020

The reason is because you don't want the base pitch to shift as a result of
the Linear FM signal input.  Linear FM is a good way to get subtle vibrato
effects, and obviously, this should be around the base pitch.

Having said that, I never AC couple my linear FM inputs.  It has never been
a problem, probably because I take pains to ensure that none of my VCO or
LFO outputs have offsets.

  _____