[sdiy] Resistor Networks....

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Sun Aug 30 06:17:41 CEST 2020

Why not use SMD networks?

I've used the following

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/774-746X101103JP

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/774-746X101472JP

… in digital designs without any issues. Granted, these have a common pin, but if you check the manufacturer (CTS) data sheets and product family you'll see every variation of parallel and network configuration available. I've only used them for digital because my analog circuit layout never seemed to facilitate a network. I'm sure that an SMD network will work just as well as discrete SMD resistors in an analog circuit.

Sounds like you're considering mixing the original through-hole resistor networks with modern SMD, and I wouldn't bother with that. Just use SMD resistor networks.

Brian Willoughby

p.s. Some digital designers don't like the resistor networks because they find them harder to lay out. I did not have that problem. I believe it's the folks who actually like using 0102 SMD that find the networks "too big" - but I have only used 0102 in one design and was told to never do that again for the sake of sanity (at least during prototype stages).