[sdiy] Envelope attack smoothing for drum question

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Aug 21 21:37:52 CEST 2020

How does use of the linearising diodes hep with the offset click?

I agree about eliminating the offset as a source of the click, since if the VCA thumps, it doesn’t;t matter what signal you feed it, or even if you feed it no signal at all, you’ll still hear a click, but I don’t see what the linearising diodes have to do with that.

Tom