[sdiy] Envelope attack smoothing for drum question

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 18:37:43 CEST 2020

Florian, The 808 shortens the period of oscillation (raises the pitch)
in the kick drum T-filter for a brief period immediately following the
trigger pulse.  As you say this further enhances the attack transient.

The 909 refines this pitch modulation by providing a continuous pitch
sweep (chirp) throughout the duration of its kick drum sound, rather
than just switching between a high and low resonant frequency.

-Richie,