[sdiy] i was Needing help reading a schematic

Oren Leavitt obl64 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 14 01:56:54 CEST 2020

Congratulations!

Looks like you've got the issue "rectified" and "smoothed out" :)

Interesting that it was an electrolytic cap that was causing the short.
Sometimes that happens!

Peter mentioned that the bridge rectifiers failing often. It may be one
of those small 1 amp rectifiers running near maximum rating. You may
want to replace that with one with a higher current rating.

Some years back, I was given a "non-working" Tektronix 475 oscilloscope
for free. Replaced all of the tantalum bypass caps in it with low ESR
electros and it worked like new again!

The trials and triumphs of Synth DIY!

- Oren