[sdiy] Yamaha CS-30 IG00151 Woes

Doug Terrebonne dougt55 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 05:41:14 CEST 2020

 I have a few 151s and a couple 152s in stock.
Thanks,Doug
synthparts.com

    On Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 7:59:51 PM PDT, James R. Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:

 I think I may have a self inflicted wound with my CS-30. It had an
ailing filter for ages which was intermittent but I finally decided to
fix it. Turned out to be the IG00152 which I replaced. In the process of
closing everything back up, I either missed hooking up one of the wire
harnesses to the card or it came loose. I don't know if it is related,
but when I powered it back up, there was no sound.

I've opened it back up, reattached the cable, but still no sound. I
started tracing control and audio signals in the VCA and I have source
and control right up to the 4 IG00151. Two are for the envelopes and
mods for the 2 filters and the other 2 are for the audio signals. The
power inputs to the chips are good. Is there anything else to consider
or should I assume all 4x of the ICs are bad. Ick. Anyone know of a
reliable source if they are?

James R Coplin