[sdiy] Schematic Symbol Question

Chromatest J. Pantsmaker chromatest at azburners.org
Thu Aug 6 04:33:24 CEST 2020

One of the things you can do to help you understand what would happen is to
think about what a Tip-Ring-Sleeve connector and a Tip-Sleeve connector
look like and how they differ, and what inserting that shaped plug into the
jack would do.

You are correct that inserting a TS plug would keep the lower signal path
shorted to ground.