[sdiy] An Improved Sine Shaper Circuit

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:56:22 CEST 2020

Hi Tom,

> > http://www.soundsemiconductor.com/downloads/ssi2130datasheet.pdf

> Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Neil. That’s a fantastic little chip! Very glad to see manufacturers starting to go beyond clones of what had been done before and produce some truly 21st century analog synth chips. The sine shaper is the least of what that can do! Great stuff.

Yeah it's amazing what's coming out these days :)

On the topic of tri-to-sine conversion, the vintage AD639 reportedly
gets distortion levels down to -74dB:
https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/obsolete-data-sheets/AD639.pdf

There's a talk Barrie gave somewhere in YouTube where he explains how
it works.  Discussion on this picks up here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2446855#p2446855

Barrie was a genius....RIP.

Cheers,
Neil