[sdiy] Started posting new circuit analysis videos to youtube as "Lantertronics"

Lanterman, Aaron D aaron.lanterman at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 21 08:18:17 CEST 2020

Howdy SDIYers,

When the Coronavirus hit and Georgia Tech moved to purely distance learning instruction, I had one more lecture to go for my Analog Circuits for Music Synthesis class, so I taped this for them, on the Moog Ladder VCF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRxeIEeAAnU

I had to radically change the final project since we could do any breadboarding, in-lab testing, soldering, etc. So I changed it to just doing schematic entry and PCB layout, and hence taped these Eagle demos where I enter the schematic and do PCB layout of bits of the Korg MS-50 and explain my thinking as I go (yeah, I know it’s boring):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz2ibrdhjoI (schematic capture)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ_FnkNXzn8 (PCB layout)

A couple of my students were working on modularizing bits of the Prophet 5 voice architecture, so I taped this for them (it’s normally something I’d do in person with them over coffee):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX_yUtzHzQU (after I taped it I realized “doh, oh wait, there is something like this already, it’s the Pro One!)

Assuming people find it useful, I’ll try to get more stuff like this up as I get around to it, and in particular as I get more practice talking to an empty room (I know I tend to trail off at the end of sentences.)

I switched the youtube channel name from abovenqyuist to Lantertronics, thinking I needed to become more conscience of branding, or something like that, I guess...

Aaron Lanterman, Prof. of ECE, Georgia Tech
My blog on Education and Innovation: https://edupocalypsenow.wordpress.com
My blog on Electronics and Programming: https://lantertronics.blogspot.com