[sdiy] An Improved Sine Shaper Circuit

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Fri Apr 17 23:12:29 CEST 2020

I've used Thomas Henry's version of the two-transistor sine shaper in all my
VCO designs for years (and did a bit of an optimization study to confirm
that his resistor values were indeed optimum).  Simulation suggests that I
can get as low as 0.57% THD with that shaper, and there is no visual
evidence of the triangle apex leaking through.  At that level, there is
virtually no aural evidence that it isn't a pure sine wave.

How much better is this new shaper in terms of THD?  (If no one answers, I
guess I could simulate it myself.)