[sdiy] An Improved Sine Shaper Circuit

René Schmitz synth at schmitzbits.de
Fri Apr 17 10:56:41 CEST 2020

Hi Don,

Interesting circuit, and a great article.

I'm pretty sure I have seen a similar technique before, because I have
used it. (cusp canceling)

Have a look at Thomas Henry's VCO-555, in the sine shaper, he adds in an
out of phase version of the triangle after the tanh shaping from the
OTA. This is what R26 does.

http://electro-music.com/forum/phpbb-files/vco555_0002_122.jpg
http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-54623.html

Best,