[sdiy] Opionions on Switchmode PSUs for analog synths?

Josh Nursing josh.nursing at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 23:14:11 CET 2019

After extensive tests in an audiophile chain, together with attempts at
filtering, I've decided not to use switching PSUs in my audio chains, be it
for audio playback or for music production.

So no SMPS for synths either.

The high frequency-induced 'noise' appear both in the circuit being powered
and in other gear along the audio chain.

You can spend time trying to filter things out, but it's much easier to
improve on a Linear Regulated PSU, in my experience.

Josh