[sdiy] Linear PSU Power Sequencing Issue

ackolonges fds ackolonges at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 13:57:39 CET 2019

Aha!

Thanks so much for the insight Florian and Tom, that makes perfect sense. I suppose then, that I should try things like reducing the bulk capacitance on the +5V line when it's derived from the +12V (and keep the bulk capacitance if I'm supplying the +5V line separately), or try putting a low value, high current series resistor between the +12V and +5V supplies to limit the in-rush current.

Of course these two potential solutions involve less ripple rejection, or some power wastage, so if anyone else has any other ideas, please feel free to pipe up 🙂

Thanks again.