[sdiy] Opionions on Switchmode PSUs for analog synths?

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Thu Oct 31 11:43:14 CET 2019

Hi Willi

Am 30.10.2019 um 23:02 schrieb klangbau:
> Look at Dieter Doepfer's  power supply to learn how to avoid it: Use
> +-15V switcher and +-12V linear converter.
BTW: Dieter told me some time ago, that he did choose this solution not
due to the ripple, but because he never found a switching supply that
could stand the immediate load changes which - for example - are
typically caused by flickering LEDs. He said even his own early designs
had big shortcomings in this regard (example: the A-145-1 ...)

When you ever tried to run an Intellijel Metropolis and a simple VCO on
the same standard switching supply, then you know what I am talking
about -  you can tell the number of active LEDs by the pitch of the

Florian

--
http://www.florian-anwander.de