[sdiy] Opionions on Switchmode PSUs for analog synths?

Guy McCusker guy.mccusker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 11:02:42 CET 2019

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 10:59 PM Mattias Rickardsson <mr at analogue.org> wrote:

> How likely is a linear regulator to properly suppress the high-frequency noise from SMPS?

I have not tried these out but have been intrigued by the
ripple-rejection specs of some of the newer regulators: LT3045 and
LT3094 for example. The datasheet explicitly refers to post-filtering
of SMPS as an application for these devices and the ripple rejection
curve looks very good. Not the most DIY-friendly package (MSOP) but we
don't worry about that nowadays do we?
https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/LT3045.pdf

Only 500mA capability but allegedly the design means they can be run
in parallel for more current. One day I will experiment...