[sdiy] Opionions on Switchmode PSUs for analog synths?

Ben Bradley ben.pi.bradley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 05:51:13 CET 2019

For an off-the-shelf low-noise switching supply product, there this
thing, designed specifically for audio applications. It doesn't have a
lot of current/power output, compared to what a larger synth might
need.. It's designed to run a few op-amps such as in a phono preamp.
It could run maybe one or three synth modules, depending on the
modules. There's no schematic or such available, but he mentions he
uses modern parts that are used in cellphones.
https://linearaudio.nl/silentswitcher

If you intend on making your own, I thing it would be too much of a
science project to get right, and you might as well buy something COTS
that does what you want.

Speaking of Horowitz and Hill, the latest edition of TAOE has a sample
chapter online, and it just happens to be on power supplies.
https://artofelectronics.net/