[sdiy] Analogue hardware simulations in LTspice

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 00:35:57 CEST 2019

That's right. And the step response has a -6dB/Oct tilt in the frequency domain too due to the integration. (Sometimes a step response is used because it's easier to obtain from a given system than an impulse response.)

In general you can characterise the frequency response of an LTI system with either:

1. Impulse / step response
2. Response to white / pink noise
3. Response to frequency sweep (chirp)

They all have different advantages / disadvantages.

-Richie,

Sent from my Xperia SP on O2

---- Ingo Debus wrote ----