[sdiy] Analogue hardware simulations in LTspice

Rutger Vlek rutgervlek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:19:59 CEST 2019

Interesting idea to create an (IR) of hardware without having access to the
actual hardware. I recently read that the digital filters of the ASM
Hydrasynth were modeled after real analog filters (including Ian Fritz'
threeler!) using machine learning on data (test signals) from the original
hardware. Doing the same thing through Spice could also be potentially
interesting! It allows to bring a non-real-time Spice model into (almost)
real-time applications. The question is, how complex a machine learning
model would you need to capture the essence of the Spice circuit in
sufficient detail.

Oh and speaking of it... has anyone ever tried doing this with the Yamaha
DisKlavier? That could also potentially be used to generate a very nice set
of training-data from which ML techniques could learn to predict the signal
resulting from a key strike (the input to the model).

Regards,

Rutger

(I never expected my PhD an AI to become so relevant for musical purposes!)