[sdiy] Analogue hardware simulations in LTspice

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Thu Oct 3 15:20:15 CEST 2019

For anyone interested in simulating analogue hardware, I've put the LTspice
schematics for three bits of classic hardware on my website for download
here:

http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/temp/ltspice

They are:

"808bd.asc" - models TR-808 kick drum synthesis circuit
"808cb.asc" - models TR-808 cowbell synthesis circuit
"303vcf.asc" - models TB-303 ladder filter sweep on saw-tooth oscillator
with full resonance

You can download LTspice from Analog Devices / Linear Technologies website.
It has the option to read & write to a WAV file, which is used here so that
you can play back the resulting audio in your favourite wave editor, look at
the spectrum, sample it, whatever...  You can also "circuit bend" the
schematic, mess with component values, etc, and listen to what influence it
has on the sound.  (and of course you can put voltage and current "probes"
on the schematic to look at the waveforms at the various different nodes in
LTspice.)

Enjoy,

-Richie,

PS. These LTspice files are provided as is.  No support or guarantee of
correctness is implied.  Use as you wish.