[sdiy] LFSR digital noise source

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Nov 12 16:14:47 CET 2019

..because throwing a 32-bit chip at a job like this is a total waste? Even the tiniest 8-bit PIC isn’t really breaking a sweat doing stuff like this. You could do it on one of the little 6-pin SOT PIC10F chips.

Anyway, how many washing machines/toasters/refrigerators really need 32-bit processing? There will always be plenty of 8-bit applications.