[sdiy] LFSR digital noise source

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 10:56:46 CET 2019

I gotta say I agree with Gordon here. It's a perfect job for a low-end 8-bit micro.

The only thing that I would add is this... The whole point is that you don't have to grapple with writing the firmware for it, because Tom W has already done that! So plug it in, and enjoy. Or open up the code and tweak to your heart's content if you prefer your pseudo noise with a shorter or longer repeating pattern, different spectrum, etc...

Want to know what a 173-bit LFSR sounds like when starting from a particular initial condition? No problem in software, but that's a lot of shift registers to solder together in hardware! :-)

-Richie,

Sent from my Xperia SP on O2

---- Gordonjcp wrote ----