[sdiy] hello list

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sat Nov 9 00:58:49 CET 2019

Hi Harry,

Nice to see you back again! Dunno if I count as an old timer. I hope not…I’m not *that* old...

I’m still kicking around a firmware version of your triple-peak-detector envelope generator design. I’ve never quite got it to a point that I was happy with it, but that’s my fault and not the fault your design. The design is good, but is pretty complicated and uses a lot of parts, which is why turning it into firmware makes a lot of sense. Mostly my problems were to do with limitations of the ADC sampling rate, leading to me having to choose between decent audio sampling speed or control CV sampling. I’ll find a way sooner or later, or someone will upgrade the chip enough that it doesn’t matter! ;)

I’m all ears you’ve got other ideas tucked up your sleeve...

Thanks for popping up! Hope to see you around.

Regards,
Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY