[sdiy] Opionions on Switchmode PSUs for analog synths?

Josh Nursing josh.nursing at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:58:32 CET 2019

What's up Barry?

The high frequencies are such a bad thing: although I have seen people
mentioning above and elsewhere that they are above audio rate, no one
mentions the extremely bad resonances they cause for other components
either within the same circuit being powered or other components along the
chain.

SMPSes also cause pollution of the mains, so everything audio connected
nearby on the same outlet set suffers.

Josh