[sdiy] xr2206

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Mon May 27 16:27:52 CEST 2019

PWM isn't too bad for synthesising low frequency sinewaves (like in motor drive inverters.) But there are several mechanisms that can introduce quite a bit of distortion as you go further up the audio spectrum.

Direct digital synthesis (DDS) would be my preference if low-distortion is important and "digital" is an allowed technology.

-Richie,

Sent from my Xperia SP on O2

---- Gordonjcp wrote ----