[sdiy] xr2206

Adrian Corston eidorian at aladan.net
Mon May 27 09:14:33 CEST 2019

That XR2206 design would be very similar in complexity to an
8038-based one.  The 8038 datasheet is worth reading and prototyping
on a breadboard to learn more, and those chips are much more readily
available than the XR2206.

For low-ish distortion (1%) on tri-to-sine it's not too hard and there
are good designs out there that shouldn't be too hard find with a bit
of googling.  For a 'noise box' I think that would probably be just
fine.

To get better than 1% you might find it easier to use a
self-oscillating filter instead.

Cheers,
A.