[sdiy] xr2206

Ben Bradley ben.pi.bradley at gmail.com
Mon May 27 05:06:08 CEST 2019

There was a thread here over a year ago with subject "NE566 Boon" that
discussed the "current" XR2206 - the original was discontinued years
ago, but there are many small function generator kits on ebay
featuring the XR2206 - it seems that THESE are not the same, and don't
work with a power supply above 11V or so. If that's okay with you,
maybe the ones in the kits will work for you. About the only way to
get a "real" one is buy a used device (a small function generator)
from a decade or more ago that used a XR2206, I suspect there are
several brands and models of small, inexpensive function generators
that used the XR2206. Either of these is a bit of an expensive way to
get the chip.

I'm pretty sure there'a no alternative (as in direct replacement) for
the XR2206.

Do you have a design you want to make that uses the XR2206?