[sdiy] Russian synthesis in the 1930s: Nikolai Voinov's "Paper Sound"

Dave dlmanley at sonic.net
Sat May 18 00:39:10 CEST 2019

Sorry, but how are hand drawn waveforms* transferred to a film audio track in any way comparable to a hardware implementation (whether Novachord's tubes, etc. or anything else).

The ADSR in this case would have been scissors or making tape. Putting together the sound track is more akin to mag tape, razor blade and splice tape.

For more info look at:

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/listen_to_early_soviet_synthesizer_music_hand_drawn_on_film_and_made_from_c

-Dave

*and these waveforms could actually be based on samples...