[sdiy] Power supply of a 19" rack

Frédéric (Opensource) marzacdev at gmail.com
Wed May 15 16:28:41 CEST 2019

Hi Rutger.

 >> I was touring as a musician I absolutely hated wall warts.

I totally get this, also their (cheap) cords tend to break at
the jack connector or at the junction with the wart.

I also experienced poor wart designs which are a real fire
hazard (just open a Mackie VLZ2 wart for great fun) which
consist in an unprotected (or merely protected) transformer
and wires. Short them, they heat up and burn their isolation.

I have some rack (old alesis reverbs / waldorf gear) using
warts and I haven't heard much complaint.

>> and plugging them into a socket may not be enough

I can provide a "Roland style" cable hook for this purpose.

>> You can design the rack unit for sufficient isolation from the PSU

That's true.

Funny you mentioned the Streichfett, I made the electronic
board and some of the DSP of it ;-)

Thanks for your feedback.
Fred