[sdiy] Nice photo of MN3207 BBD silicon

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Fri May 10 19:43:42 CEST 2019

you're looking down at a 3-D structure of many layers. There seems to be
a key of sorts at the top left. The 8 black blobs are where the die
bonding wires were ultrasonically welded to the die. You can look at the
datasheet and trace out the pins. Pins 2 and 4 are the driver outputs.
On the die you can see they tie to the large structures on the left and
right. I assume the inside structures are the fave forming mentioned in
the datasheet. Pins 5-7 are the oscillator section, etc.

This is fun, like being a nerdy Indiana Jones.

--Tim (nerdy) Ressel