[sdiy] tactile PG800 for Roland JX-8p

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sun May 5 04:04:17 CEST 2019

That is really cool !

Usually, though, the word “tactile” is reserved for systems that give some sort of feedback to the user - like motorized faders that you can actually feel. A stronger word for this is “haptic” - and the key is that you don’t have to look at the controls in order to use them.

In other words, just call it “a TFT touch screen” so we don’t all go crazy thinking that the world of immersive VR has finally arrived in the music industry. “Touch” is a better word for the one-way touch screens that you can’t operate with your eyes closed.

Brian