[sdiy] Unable to load ROM card sounds on Roland R8 drum but can hear the demo song...

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Wed Mar 27 19:44:36 CET 2019

Hi all,

I'm trying to use my vintage Roland R8 drum with different R8 ROM cards

connected at the rear ROM slot connector..

I do the Roland procedure which is: Put the R8 OFF, connect the ROM card

in the ROM slot, then power up the R8, then go in the card loading menus

then I could choose load only sounds OR sound demo.

So far I'm unable to load the ROM card sounds on the R8 drum keys but can
hear the demo song
if I chose to load the sound demo ...

The demo plays all the NEW sounds. Fine.

But when I do load the ROM sounds only, the R8 keys keep on still playing
the original sounds.

I have 4 ROM cards and they all do the same.

I read many times the user manual but so far can't find any solutions..

Any body ???

Thanks

JP