[sdiy] High pass filter using the 2164

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Mon Mar 25 19:04:34 CET 2019

I learned how to do it from something that Grant Richter posted on the web
many years ago, about the Oberheim Matrix-12, I believe.

Guy McCusker wrote:

It is perhaps worth mentioning that Bernie Hutchins did some work on
this pole-mixing filter design, including plotting the response curves
of the high pass and band pass outputs in the presence of feedback, in
the Electronotes 85 article "Obtaining Bandpass And Highpass Functions
>From A Four Pole Lowpass Filter".

David Dixon has give as much or more of the info on how to derive the
various responses as you will find in Electronotes but Bernie was
perhaps the first to set all this out (correct me if I'm wrong!), so
here is his due credit :)