[sdiy] High pass filter using the 2164

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 15:59:03 CET 2019

Hi Mike,

> I working on a 4 pole Cascade high pass filter.  My present design uses Lm13700 and works fine, but I would like to switch to the V2164.  I cannot find anyone doing this.
>
> The issue is the input resistor on the 2164 to convert the voltage to an input current were as the 13700 is a voltage input. We're would that input resistor go?
>
> Hopefully this is not a really stupid question.

Olivier Gillet published a nice tech note on making filters with the SSM2164:
https://mutable-instruments.net/archive/documents/pole_mixing.pdf

That shows how to make a single low-pass filter element, then combine
four of them in a chain and from that synthesize a range of filter

Cheers
Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk