[sdiy] [OT] My Scope Saga

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Mon Mar 18 00:56:14 CET 2019

It pays to know someone who refurbishes ‘scopes. I paid $100 and $200 for my analog and digital Tektronix ‘scopes, and the same guy who sold them to me repaired one for another $100 when the CRT focus went off and burned a power resistor. This guy knows the common failures and has all the parts on hand for Tektronix, Hewlett Packard, and other brands.

Depending upon where you live, an opportunity like this may not be available. It’s worth looking around though.

I think it’s kinda funny, because sometimes I repair vintage synths for local musicians, but I have to look to someone else to get my ‘scope repaired.

Brian