[sdiy] Quick query about 2164 VCAs

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Sat Mar 16 19:42:29 CET 2019

Quick answer, without giving it too much deep thought:  I don't see why not.

As long as you terminate all of the 2164s to a virtual then you should be
golden.  Just be cognizant of how much current you are summing and putting
through a single 2164 in the chain... you don't want to run it into
distortion.

If you are using two 2164 VCAs for things such as wet/dry balance, you might
want to consider using a single-2164 crossfader instead.  If you want really
accurate crossfading, it requires a trim, but it does save an entire
linearized VCA circuit.  I can hook you up with a schematic if you're
interested.