[sdiy] Using 2164 with single supply

Jay Schwichtenberg jschwich53 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 10 19:54:28 CET 2019

David,

You might check out the difference between the 555 and the LT1054 (not
LP1054) as far as current draw and grounding. The 555 has issues with
switching states and current draw. Usually you do not want to put the 555
ground with the signal ground because it can cause problems. I do know if
the CMOS versions of the 555 are better. Might be something to do some
research on if you don't already know the issues.

Jay S.