[sdiy] Using 2164 with single supply

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Sun Mar 10 02:57:58 CET 2019

Interesting.  However, I'm thinking that it might be easier in my case to
use a 555 to double the voltage and run the 2164 and associated opamps on a
single supply of about +8V.  There is some good guidance in the datasheet
about how to do that, and my simulations suggest that a 555-based doubler
circuit running on 4.5V should give about 8.25V, so that's enough.  Also,
the circuit is simple and uses things I've already got on hand.