[sdiy] Using 2164 with single supply

Roman modular at go2.pl
Sat Mar 9 08:09:20 CET 2019

A short glimpse of datasheet tells me there are at least 4 junction drops from V+ to GND and 4 more from GND to V-  So my lucky guess is that you can lower total power supply voltage to maybe 5.5V before it stops operating. But how much it compromises the specs between 5.5 and recommended minimum 8 is another story.   Roman  Dnia 9 marca 2019 04:43 David G Dixon <dixon at mail.ubc.ca> napisał(a):  Hey Team!   I want to use 2164 to build a VCA for a circuit-bending application, where  the circuit only has a single supply.  Of course, I want to use 2164, and  the datasheet shows how to use it in single supply mode.  However, it  specifies a minimum rail voltage of +8V.  The thing I want to circuit-bend  (a Marantz cassette deck) runs off of a 4.5V supply.   So, I guess my question is, why couldn't I run the 2164 (and any associated  opamps) from a 4.5V supply?  Does anyone have any insight into why +V must  be at least +8V?   ______________________________  Synth-diy mailing list   Synth-diy at synth-diy.org  synth-diy.org synth-diy.org