[sdiy] Using 2164 with single supply

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Sat Mar 9 04:47:29 CET 2019

There are probably internal structures that drop too much voltage to
operate at lower than 8 volts. My guess would be constant current
sources and sinks. But its really moot. The data sheet sez it, so youz
do it  ;-)

You could rig a voltage doubler to power to run the 2164. I once did
that to run an LCD on 3.3 volts. Just a 7555 and some diodes and caps.

--Tim (kluge-O-matic) Ressel