[sdiy] Cool Audio BBDs & Voltage

Tom Bugs admin at bugbrand.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 08:21:48 CET 2019

Well, as it happens I wrote to Coolaudio to say that their datasheets
could do with great improvement - politely pointing out that simply
lifting old datasheets was lazy & to look at the wonderful SSI2164
datasheet for an example of how well parts can be supported.
They replied that they are working through updating all their datasheets
- they certainly should have the budget to support properly, so
interested to see whether they do do better.
Tom

On 05/03/2019 02:39, Tim Ressel wrote:

> Are all the 320x lower voltage than the 300x? If so my bad. I didn't know.
>
> --tr
>
> On 3/4/2019 4:24 PM, James Grenert wrote:
>> Aren't all of the Cool Audio BBDs the 320x versions, rather than the
>> higher-voltage 300x ones?  They should have a different pinout as well.
>> I don't think they're intended as drop-in replacements except for the
>> low voltage 320x chips.
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 3:51 PM Tim Ressel <timr at circuitabbey.com
>> <mailto:timr at circuitabbey.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Yo,
>>
>>     I just noticed the Cool Audio "replacement" BBDs have half the
>>     voltage
>>     range for their power. Not exactly a drop in replacement then.
>>
>>     Moral of this story: datasheets always falls with the important
>>     stuff
>>     facing down.
>>
>>     --
>>     --Tim Ressel