[sdiy] PAiA John Simonton boards

Randy Dawson rdawson16 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 09:23:07 CEST 2019

Having fun with old Popular Electronics/ Radio Electronics articles and PCB layouts
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Radio_Electronics%20_Master_Page.htm
[https://americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Radio-Electronics/img191.jpg1zB]<https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Radio_Electronics%20_Master_Page.htm>
RADIO ELECTRONICS: Sucessor to Radio Craft beginning in 1948<https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Radio_Electronics%20_Master_Page.htm>
Radio Electronics was the "new" name for Radio Craft magazine.. Hugo Gernsback, sometimes called The Father of Science Fiction, started it as Radio-Craft in July 1929. The title was changed to Radio-Electronics in October 1948.
www.americanradiohistory.com
I have laser printed the article page on magazine paper and iron transferred to PCB, etched one of these, Thump a Tron.
Drilled and put all the parts in, works pretty good.  Some errors in the original article, the UJT transistors are backwards.
Gnome is next on my schedule, wow all that in one LM3900, he was a great designer.
Randy