[sdiy] TR-808 update

el macaco elmacaco at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 23 00:57:51 CEST 2019

Hello all,

A while back I posted about fixing my 808, the voltage detector/muting circuit was faulty but with that fixed it would still reset the cpu.

Turns out replacing electrolytic capacitors 18,19, & 20 brought it back to life. 18 and 20 filter the 5v supply, 19 between ground and power on cpu inputs and outputs on the main board.

Seems the caps are failing.  Already replaced most electrolytics and will do the rest in the future.

Might help someone like all your comments have helped me!

El