[sdiy] Difficult 2164 behaviour between different sections.

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Wed Jul 17 18:30:26 CEST 2019

The other consideration here is that your unit will suck current like it's
going out of style, when it's actually doing nothing.  In the modular synth
world, that's a concern, because folks tend to push their power supplies to
the limit.

If you can overcome this problem by adding one resistor (at a cost of less
than a penny) to each Irwin circuit, then why wouldn't you?  I guess if it's
already done and being manufactured, then the official answer is that you
probably don't have to worry, but if there's still an opportunity to change
the design, then my choice would be crystal clear, experts be damned!