[sdiy] Difficult 2164 behaviour between different sections.

ASSI Stromeko at nexgo.de
Tue Jul 16 20:49:55 CEST 2019

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:14:53 PM CEST David G Dixon wrote:
> It gets so hot you almost can't touch it.  So, I'd say, yeah.

"So hot you almost can't touch it" is actually a rather precisely determined
temperature, about 61°C for a contact time of 2s and 50°C for 10s of contact
time with a digit.  With the junction temperature likely about 20K higher than
that, this temperature is well within the specifications for consumer IC, so
no, I don't expect any appreciable reduction in lifetime from temperature
alone.

Regards,
Achim.