[sdiy] Errors when importing Bitmap in Eagle

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Sat Jul 13 06:38:14 CEST 2019

Hmm, my first thought is that if you’re starting with Illustrator then you might want to look for a way to skip the bitmap file altogether.

Eagle and Gerbers work with vectors. Illustrator pretty much works exclusively with vectors.

When you save to a BMP and then use the BMP importer, you’re asking for a lot of intermediate translation that’s prone to error.

Brian