[sdiy] eagle.go Euro panel application (was Re: Anyone alive?)

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sat Jul 13 06:32:21 CEST 2019

The are a few User Language Programs for generating CAM outputs in Eagle, and if you had a ULP for Front Panel Express then you wouldn’t have to load another board to see the panel in FPE.

But, hey, I never got too fancy with ULP that I recall. I’ve just found other people’s plugins.

I have used the Scripting, and it’s basically the same as the commands that you can type inside Eagle. So, any time I find myself typing the same things over and over - especially selecting a whole group of nets to rip up or lay out - then I create a quick script to automate that and reduce errors.

Anyway, if I can get the whole Go runtime installed on this laptop without too much headache, I’ll try your program next time I need a panel. Thanks!

I’m already creating layers in Eagle that represent the front panel outlines. Since I’ve used Go before, I might even modify it to utilize my existing custom layers.

By the way, some of my PCB modules mount perpendicular to the front panel, rather than parallel. I assume your tool doesn’t support perpendicular panels because that would require 3D information, or at least center offsets for each part as well as a way to specify where you want to align the PCB with the panel.

Brian