[sdiy] eagle.go Euro panel application (was Re: Anyone alive?)

john slee indigoid at oldcorollas.org
Sat Jul 13 05:18:36 CEST 2019

Hi,

No, I didn't. I've been using Eagle for some years now but have never
delved into its scripting language. Conversely I'm quite comfortable
writing things in Go.

In hindsight I'm glad I went this way. One rather irritating limitation of
Eagle is not being able to open more than one board file concurrently.
Today I figured out command-line CAM job invocation, so now I can generate
both the panel board file and its corresponding zipped Gerbers in one very
fast operation. This means I can keep working on my board in Eagle and
preview [with a gerber viewer] the front panel on another screen, without
no more workflow interruption than hitting Save.

I've a few more features in the pipeline. TBA!

John