[sdiy] jfet driver

Declare Update declareupdate at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 03:39:11 CET 2019

So! this has me wondering, why jfefs instead of mosfets? habit? old synth schematics? Since I started with synths, I leaned toward jfets at first at my day job, but quickly found a wide world of tighter spec’d and better behaved mosfets. for instance, PMV55ENEAR, N-CH with a Vgs-th (gate to source threshold voltage) of 2.7 max, with an on-resistance of ~50 milliohms (!!) with Vgs of 5 and up. And crazy affordable. To be specific and fair, I do everything surface-mount, so maybe through-hole availability is part of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chris

Sent from my iPhone