[sdiy] Fatar Keyboard wiring diagram vs. Pratt-Reed Keyboard

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sat Feb 23 04:55:16 CET 2019

You seem to be in a strange situation.

If you’re dealing directly with Fatar - and especially if they’re requiring you to buy quite a few keyboards - then they should absolutely provide schematics for the product they’re selling. Don’t you have a technical sales representative at Fatar that you could speak to about getting support in advance of your purchase?

Am I missing something here?

As for the E-Mu patented poly keyboard design, what exactly does this cover? People have been rolling their own keyboard scanning matrix, based on custom chips or firmware, for quite a while now. I don’t think Sequential Circuits paid for that license after 1980, so why wouldn’t you just develop something new? It’s been three decades…

Finally, I’m not familiar with the entire Fatar product line, but is there only one 5-octage keyboard in their history? Seems like there might be more than one circuit. I’m also assuming that Fatar have part numbers for their products that would be helpful in matching a schematic to a specific model.

Brian